Sunday, October 25, 2009

my inspiration

The first time I saw a painting by Joanne Ludwig I was in the school library, the area to the right of the doors where you can study. Last year she put together a small showing in there with Kris, Rene and other artists. I really loved the rough white quality in her paintings and how she organizes her colors. Its like controlled chaos. Her painting inspired the background for my "Behold, A Lady" series.

Anyway, I went to Somar Bar and Lounge in uptown Oakland this weekend and when I walked in I freaked out because the first few paintings that were up on the walls were Joanne's! I pointed and said "I know her!" My cousin turned around thinking I knew somebody and I was like "No, I know that art!" and she laughed and called me a dork. haha! So I HAD to take a picture of it. Excuse the really bad picture...I took it at the end of the night.



All I could find of her online is her myspace page. www.myspace.com/geigi
Not really digging her anime paintings though.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you stumbled upon Joannes show..you should start looking around for some venues to show your work also...and how about considering joining the bfa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a real glow to her work and I like the color choices too. I can see how her style inspired yours. You should join the bfa! :)

    ReplyDelete