Thursday, October 15, 2009

The totals are in..




For my latest leather mosaic, Honoring Four Oakland Heroes, I'm creating a video documenting the work using still photos. My earliest pictures are dated June 29, 2009, but by then I had spent about a month sketching out compositions, creating the full size pattern and cutting out the OPD shield logo in various colors of leather. I jumped on the shield element of the composition early on because of it's level of detail and it would be a piece that could stand alone on display at the Best of the East Bay Party at the Oakland Museum.

I just tallied all the photos I took of the process: 5,784 photos taken with my Pentax K20D.
Thanks to the built in intervalometer it was much easier to capture the work. Now begins the process of creating a YouTube video using iMovie. I spent the greater part of the day going through the photos, whittling it down to 1806. This yields a video over seven minutes at a quarter second pre frame (iMovies minimum).

Next I'll trim it down further, getting it as close to the length of the song I've chosen as possible (about five minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment