Friday, October 16, 2009

Trick or Treat



Hey Everyone,

Since it's getting close to Halloween, I thought I'd post some spooky/weird/creepy-type art stuffs.

Erin Mulvehill takes beautiful photographs, and in this series she experiements with doing portraits underwater http://icanfreezetime.com/

Also, a friend sent me this link about artist Jason Hackenwert who makes these incredible, outlandish balloon sculptures/creatures. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214837/Artists-giant-party-balloon-sculptures-look-like-terrifying-creatures-ocean-depths.html

Lastly, here is a video from Dead Man's Bones featuring a quirky little apparatus called Machine with Wishbone made by Arthur Ganson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we3M1D19DNQ
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. The underwater photography is terrific... but I really love the video!..now if only I could get my students too work harder........good job Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost forgot... the balloons are outasight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how many balloons were used to make that costume?? That's craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe first photo of the girl looks like a painting almost. Very inspirational, I'm really into cloudy murkiness right now in my series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 1st picture. The 2nd picture kind of reminds me of a dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The balloon clothes made me think of what germs would look like if they walked around and we could see them. Giant shiny, nasty things...

    Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Leslie Ann: haha 'giant germs!!!'

    To Simone: I really like this art, very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete